र 1250/ Per person
- Distance18 km
- RegionHimachal Pradesh
- Max. Group Size10
- Start PointMcLeodganj
- End PointMcLeodganj
Triund trekking is an adventure and nature lover’s paradise. In such short time it takes you from the city life to a different world. Triund is a magical place in itself! The first glimpse of this amazing grass top ridge and mesmerizing views of the ‘Moon Peak’ right next to it is bound to leave you speechless and turn you into a storyteller.
Situated at a height of over 2,800 meters, Triund offers you a chance to be as close to the mountains as you could get in a short 4-5 hours trek. Triund is open round the year, though a little difficult from December to February as is covered in snow. Those who want to catch up with snow shall trek further (5 kms) to Ilaqa Glacier, which is permanent snowline. Further one can go scaling the Moon Peak or crossing the Indrahar Pass.
The Triund trek in winters becomes a little difficult and the risk involved is higher in snow as the trail is hidden by the snow. Our local guiding team takes you to the top and makes sure that everything is safe. Do book this wonderful Trek to Triund with Shagun Holidays for some of the best memories of the lifetime.
Day 1- MCLEODGANJ TO TRIUND
We start in the morning at around 9:30 to 10 am from the main square of McLeodganj. Our guide meets the group and we start our onward journey. The total trek is about 9 kms and takes 5 hours to reach. We pass through open Cedar, Oak and Rhododendron forest. We continue going higher and little beyond treeline, we reach at the top by afternoon. Have fresh lunch at Triund. Relax and enjoy the amazing views of the Dhauladhar mountains and Kangra valley. Dinner and Overnight at the camps.
Day 2- TRIUND TO MCLEODGANJ
We wake up in the mountains to the early sun. We quickly freshen up and after breakfast, we trek back to McLeodganj. While returning, your legs might feel worked out but it is okay. Trekking down takes less time and one is usually back by noon time to enjoy rest of the day in the town.
We run group departures for Triund every Day. Each departure is segregated into smaller groups of 8 to 10 members.
For a group size of 4 or more, we can arrange a private trek on any other day too at the same price. If you’re a smaller group or want a private trek, we can custom it to your requirements at an additional cost.
- All camping equipment, i.e. tents, sleeping bags, mattress // Alternate stay at the Forest Rest House at Triund (depending on availability and campsite condition)
- All meals during the trek, i.e. Lunch on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 2.
- Services of a local and professional guide.
- All kitchen equipment, ration, cook and helpers.
- Camping toilet tent.
- Portage of equipment and tents.
- All government and forest permits.
- Any other service not mentioned above.
- Any refreshment, snacks, energy drinks for personal use.
- Water for any Purpose at Triund or along the way (can be bought at shops).
- Any additional portage / mule for personal luggage.
- Any tips or gratitude.
- Up to 30 Days :- 90% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
- Between 21 – 30 Days :- 60% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
- Between 20 – 11 Days :- 30% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
- Less than 10 Days :- No refund.
Equipment & Gears
What to Carry
- Backpack up to 30L
- One Thick Jacket
- Shoe with a Good Grip
- Woolen Socks
- Water Bottle
- Personal Medicines
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Paper
- Rain Cover / Poncho
What is Provided
- Sleeping Tents
- Ground Sheet
- Sleeping Bags
- Kitchen Equipment & Utensils
- Dry Pit Style Tented Toilet
Risks & Precautions
Every adventure has its own set of risks and precaution one needs to take.
Triund Trek is a beginners easy-grade trek. But the same makes it risky because many first timers come who are unaware of the basic risks in adventure.
Risks in a fine weather day can be pain in the legs due to fatigue, injury due to slip or fall. Mountains can also present harsher climates which include heavy storm and rainfall, snowfall etc. They may add risk to the route.
Precautions for Triund Trek
- Most important thing is that you plan for the worst, go with a local guide and listen to instructions at all times.
- Stick to the main route as much as possible. Locals may be using shortcuts because they know the place inside out and are used to the terrain.
- Consumption of alcohol or other intoxicants should be strictly avoided.
- Water intake should be kept high.
- It is not advisable to trek or leave the camp too far after sunset.
- Avoid going near steep unmarked slopes.
- Stop for clicking pictures. Do not go to the edge for clicking selfies.
- While giving way to the mules that pass-by, always and always stand to the mountain side.
Frequently Asked Questions
I DO NOT WANT TO JOIN THE GROUP AND WANT A PRIVATE TREK?
Yes. Many people prefer private treks as one can trek at their own pace, there is a private guide and your privacy is maintained.
If you are a bigger group, then private treks are arranged without additional charge. However, smaller groups and individuals might have to pay little extra for private arrangements.
CAN WE LEAVE OUR EXTRA LUGGAGE AT MCLEODGANJ
Yes, sure. We have a small office space in McLeodganj where you can leave your luggage. But please make sure that it is as compact as possible to have space for others too. Also, avoid any valuable in the bag and secure it nicely. At the end, responsibility lies with the keeper!
IS THERE BONFIRE AT TRIUND?
Unfortunately there is no firewood at Triund and it is all green wood. Also, there is an official forest restriction on bonfire at Triund. So, bonfire is not taking place on Triund Trek currently.